Sunday, March 13, 2005

Ssssh down the chaos

"Hard act to follow" by Grinspoon

You're a hard act to follow
Such a fine lookin' fellow
I hear you're bell's yellow
You're a hard act to swallow
It kind of makes me sick
The way you turn those trickes
Come on and light it up
I want to feel the rush
I'll be shooting for thrills when I walk out that door
You say it's hard to care anymore
Kills, Thrills and Sunday pills
I"m on a mission to kill still cause nothin' thrills
You're hooked on coke and hoochie
I want my milk and cookies
You know you're wife looked pretty
I think you're wife looked pretty
I'll be shootin' for thrills when I walk out that door
You say it's hard to care anymore

A week passed. The final burst of monsoon. A mark of an end to nail shut a season of wipe-outs, spin-outs, unintentional chop-hops, trail-blazing planing sensation. If feelings can be pickled and preserved in a bottle, this bottled product will never have an expiry date for experiences like these are meant to be immortal. I can play the scenes over and over again in my head like a faithful gramophone; soft yet enchanting.
I will miss the adrenaline rush, the intense checks on wind charts, the urgent tinkling of the wind chime, the rolling white caps, the clear blue skies against the backdrop of lazy ships lined along the horizon and of course not forgetting the laborious effort of cycling against the northeast breeze down ECP whilst perfecting the skill of anticipation (requires lots of cognitive analysis to understand how kids, roller-blade noobs and road hoggers think so as to avoid spectacular clashes).
Whats wrong with being contented easily? After all it makes me happy and that matters the most. If life can be lived simple why choose to live it difficult?
"We never change" by Coldplay
[...So I wanna live in a wooden house, I wanna live life, always be true...]
Imagine...a community where children are free to roam and play, neighbours almost like relatives, simple and happy; no war, no riots, no politicking, no segregation--everybody lives as one. Just like our parents' kampung fairytales...Perhaps its an utopian ideology but it was close to perfection back in the 60s lest the racial conflicts.
"The Bends" by Radiohead
[...I wish it was the sixties, I wish we could be happy, I wish, i wish, i wish that something would happen...]
Technology brought us comfort and convenience but crept into our lives eating away the simplicity and brought in a legion of dangerous devices that toys and confuses our minds to engage in silly warfares. It has never been better. It was just a trade-off. A gain for a lost. And now we live in fear and uncertainty as our leaders play their silly mind games. We can choose to be apathetic after all ignorance is bliss but wouldnt that make us pawns in a silly chess set? Are we just an insignificant individual that makes up a unit figure of a shepherded population? Why exercise so much control and lose the essence of freedom that was granted to us when we took our 1st breath?
Why do we need to rob the magic of natural wonders by introducing equations and figures? What comes after deciphering the relationship between natural factors? Tweaking and experimentation? And what comes out of it? Even more complication and more problems. It works exactly the way how exploitation of timber uproots our chances of finding that natural remedy to certain diseases. Till now, the "benefits" of genetic engineering has never convinced me to how cloning can be justified. If anyone has the power to alter anything and everything, what will the world come to? Why cant we all just live simpler?
I just want to live in a wooden house...making more friends would be easier...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brecht would argue that human have a certain need for chaos. Everyone would get sick of paradise. It is only paradise only because we dun have it; if we have eternal peace, we would be wanting havoc.

Clement

4:39 PM  
Blogger \m/ Adrian \m/ said...

Hmm thanks for that, ya tts true but too much chaos is really too undesirable. Maybe just need to be aloof.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evil'd.
Time to update my link. No wonder no one have been checkin' me out.
LOL

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home