Sunday, January 30, 2005

An anniversary not worth waiting for

23 by Jimmy Eat World

I felt for sure last night
That once we said goodbye
No one else will know these lonely dreams
No one else will know that part of me
I'm still driving away
And I'm sorry every day
I won't always love these selfish things
I won't always live...Not stopping...
It was my turn to decide
I knew this was our time
No one else will have me like you do
No one else will have me, only you
You'll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?
I'm here I'm now I'm ready
Holding on tightDon't give away the end
The one thing that stays mine
Amazing still it seemsI'll be 23
I won't always love what I'll never have
I won't always live in my regrets
You'll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?I'm here I'm now I'm ready
Holding on tightDon't give away the end
The one thing that stays mine
You'll sit alone foreverIf you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?I'm here I'm now I'm ready
Holding on tight
Don't give away the end
The one thing that stays mine...


Its that time of the year again. When prices of roses jack up rocket high and lovers take the chance to be extra romantic and mushy. Only people with relationships benefit from this season of sweet-nothings and lovey-dovey drama. Oh that includes the ones who have a keen relationship in money-dealing from the earnings of the overly-priced flowers. While everyone else is floating in their dreamy creamy world of love, pathetic souls with no one to hug or gifts to exchange are drowning in their cesspit of woes and misery.
Then again, singles save the most on occasions like these. There is no need to call upon fine dining etiquettes to stress themselves out in front of someone they hope to impress. Who needs to pay hefty bucks for pieces of crap on a ridiculously large plate that isnt even enough to feed your pet fish ? Who needs the posh ambience and waiters to serve out your fish food? Singles are exempted from forking out extra cash for meaningless stalks of petals and leaves. There is no need to wreck brains to come up with fanciful itineries to keep females excited.
Cinderella is not a fairytale. It exist. It strikes at 12am on 14th Feb but the spell only lasts for 24 hours. Suddenly all girls turn into princesses while their knights serve them like there is no tomorrow. What goes on after 14th Feb? Perhaps its the sullen faces and dull dates to the neighbourhood kopitiam again.
Im proud to belong to the privileged club. It has been 22 faithful years and going on 23 as i my pledged my allegiance to the distinguished club. But i do agree its difficult at times when loneliness creeps in and my faith to the club starts to wobble. I guess i will never be able to understand the true meaning and feeling of having a partner. The closest i can get to comprehending is through television shows and movies. But still some things remain as mysteries. Will i ever uncover the truth?

4 Comments:

Blogger joyce unkhoo said...

Aw chin up, it's not that bad!

4:26 PM  
Blogger \m/ Adrian \m/ said...

Ha thanks for the comments. I received some pics from Weili already. they look nice though its obvious we were caught unprepared...erm...nonetheless haha thanks.
Hey u listen to force vomit eh? "siti dun give up....haha" Mat rock rulez... >.<

And prince, please dun be extra...*duhz* King ad dun like lame-sters.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on... life is not that bad yet... The time will come for you to pick up a glass shoes and wondered around finding the girl with the perfect fit.
Gotwind

10:37 PM  
Blogger \m/ Adrian \m/ said...

hey thanks for everyone being so nice n concerned. =)
Dun worry la was just lamenting without real feelings. Its been so long already, all's numb liao so the upcoming 23rd anniversary wont cause me any harm.

Anyway, Joanne, i cant afford to party sia. Ive got lecture quizes on the 14,15,17 Feb. >.< eeeks. but of cos those are juz excuses. If u find anyone to intro me, erm, quizes can be kept aside haha.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home