Friday, December 10, 2004

Picture Perfect?

Influenza was a convenient reason for me to stay home & lay snugly in bed while the whole world engages in another episode of "Hectic Days of our Lives".
I've perfected & successfully modelled the lifestyle of a hermit. Yes, im the new-age hermit. Confined within the comforts of my home. Barred from the rest of the world. Armed with a laptop & a TV set. I was too boring for the TV though. Its strange how the lifeless thing is much more active than i was. Telling me stories of people travelling around continents, reporting the latest news and churning out countless dramas, MTVs and advertisements.
I simply couldnt keep up the challenge sitting on the sofa, surfing websites & chatting on MSN. The battle was downright one-sided. The lazy bug was chewing me from within. While i fought against all my decisions of going out, i found strength to end it all. The internal struggle was immense but it paid off. I got my bum off the sofa-already deformed by the shape of my butt and decided to cycle. LOL, how exciting. But it was better than nothing.
As usual, the ride down killed my ass terribly especially so with the constant bumping here n there whenever i went over mini potholes and walkway curbs. But it paid off as i feasted my eyes on the views of nature's creation. (*hint hint* I don't know why but roller blader babes these days are...woohoo...AHEM!)
Anyway, some of the VIEWS were really beautiful and so i decided to snap some shots since i had brought along a camera. I tried to act nonchalant while some anglers looked at me puzzledly so these photos are actually quite valuable since i exchanged it with a tint of Hollywood acting skills. But i wonder if acting bo-chap was a criteria to be the next Brad Pitt? Hmmm..
The ride back ached so much that i thought my ass would give way but nonetheless i survived the trip back. Thanks to muvo that got me concentrating on the music rather than the pain from my butt. And of course, being a hermit i had to settle dinner the new-age-hermit way: packet dinner from Old Airport Road to eat by myself at home. Its hard to feign tough when I'm alone battling out with the TV set again with a new-found weapon--wanton noodles & rojak. The combi weapon was short-lived and soon i was back with my laptop.
But of course, the "hero of the day" title goes to Mr Butt who endured the pains and rough patches of the most exciting day of my life.

From Bedok Jetty

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how enjoyable. beautiful shot.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home